Friday, May 22, 2015

A Mysterious Horde Suddenly Appears

Photo date: May 17, 2015.  Photographer: Mark Mahin.

At 8:57 PM on this date I was walking on Madison Avenue, at about 39th Street, in New York City.  I had seen a few orbs in my photos that night, but nothing too dramatic. Suddenly I seemed to be surrounded by a horde of orbs.  Here is the first photo in the series. All photos in this post have been uploaded directly from the camera, without any cropping.

orb swarm
I had a piece of cardboard with me, and I immediately took two photos with the cardboard at arm's length. This was to test whether these orbs might be just tiny specks of dust in front of my camera.  Here is the first photo, also taken at 8:57 PM.

This showed no sign of any orbs. Here was the next photo, also taken at 8:57 PM.

This also showed no sign of any orbs. But the next photo I took (also at 8:57 PM) showed again a great swarm of orbs.

spirit orbs
The next photo I took (again at 8:57 PM) was again a photo of a piece of cardboard in front of me, and  again it showed no orbs.

But the next photo (still at 8:57 PM) again showed a huge swarm of orbs.

orbs in New York
The cardboard tests seem to show very clearly that these orbs were not at all some tiny specks of dust near my camera, as there was no sign of any orbs in front of the cardboard. There was no fog, mist, rain, or precipitation on this night.  The air quality listed on airnow.gov was "moderate" with a level of 65. The pollen count listed on www.pollen.com was low to medium, with a rating of 3.0.

While I was taking these photos, I noticed nothing unusual nearby that might be a source of these orbs (there was no gust of wind, nor could I see anything unusual nearby that might be a source of dust or particles). There was little traffic nearby, nor could I notice or smell anything unusual.


No comments:

Post a Comment