Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Midtown Orb Swarm

Photo date: May 24, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

On this night I walked around New York City, and photographed some orbs in the sky that appeared in only modest numbers for the first half an hour. But then suddenly at 9:29 PM it seemed like there was a great swarm of orbs in the sky.

spirit orb swarm
Below is another photo taken during the same minute, at 9:29 PM.

sky orbs
Could this have been caused by some tiny particles floating near my camera (such as dust)? During the same minute (at 9:29 PM), I photographed a piece of cardboard at arm's length. Not a single orb appeared in front of the cardboard.

So far I have done this cardboard test more than 80 times, including several times in Grand Central Station, where I so often photograph orbs. The photos have showed not one single orb in front of the cardboard. This is strong evidence against the theory that orbs such as I photograph are caused by little specks of dust in front of the camera.

There was no fog, mist, rain, or other precipitation on this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment