Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mya's Ghostly Greatness

I continue to add entries to my longish list of "Paranormal Photos by Others," adding a new row to my link table whenever I find a really good new site.  You can access the list here.  I just added a link to this page by photographer Mya Gleny.

This page by Mya has some sensational photographs of the orb-related phenomenon that goes under various names such as ghostly mists, plasma clouds, or lightwaves (the term favored by Mya).  These are the type of "strange cloudy thing at ground level" photos that skeptics try to dismiss by claiming, "It's just your breath."  But Mya's page has quite a few photos of such things taken during months when it wasn't cold enough for you to see your breath when you breathe.  A similar page can be found here and on this page of the "Orbs & More" site.

I have photographed these "plasma clouds" only 4 times (my examples can be seen here).

These "plasma clouds" look different from what you see if you photograph yourself blowing hard in cold air. A photo of you blowing in cold air will tend to show a single whitish mass. But these "plasma clouds" typically have a much different appearance, with alternating bands of opaque lightness and transparent emptiness (kind of like what you might see if you poured some food coloring into a cup of water).

No comments:

Post a Comment