Wednesday, August 30, 2017

"Haunted Tablet" Acts Up Again

In the post here I described a very spooky incident in which the flashlight at the back of my Samsung tablet turned on by itself, even though the tablet device was turned off  Early this morning the same thing happened again.

Here is what happened this morning. Less than 5 minutes after I turned off the Samsung Galaxy Tab A, and plugged in the device for recharging,  the flashlight at the back of the device turned on.  This time I got out a camera to make a record of the incident.

In this video you can see the following:
(1) At the beginning of the video, the Samsung tablet is turned off, but the flashlight at the back of the tablet is shining, which should not be possible when the tablet is turned off.
(2) The flashlight turns off as inexplicably as it turned on.
(3) I swipe my fingers in front of the tablet, to verify that the device is off (swiping will cause the screen to activate when the device is on).
(4) I then turn on the device using the button on the side of the device.
(5) The startup screen turns on, showing that the device really was turned off.

 Such a thing has happened twice with a device I have used on 200+ days without such a thing happening. 

In this case the light turning on seems kind of doubly impossible. The first reason it seems impossible is that when the tablet is turned off, it should be impossible for the flashlight at the back to turn on (that flashlight cannot be turned on manually by touching anything on the tablet). The second reason the light turning on seems impossible was that I have never downloaded any software for turning on the flashlight on the back of the device. To turn on the flashlight of a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, you have to download some special app I have never downloaded.

About half an hour after this spooky event occurred, a CD mysteriously fell off a shelf that I hadn't touched in at least 20 minutes.  Are these signs from some spiritual force?

Postscript: I have since discovered one and only one way to turn on the flashlight on my tablet: you can go into a Google voice recognition app, and say "Flashlight on." But that will only work if the tablet is on, and in this case the tablet was off. I also said no such words when the tablet flashlight mysteriously turned on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment