Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Tablet's Spooky Behavior

Since last August I have witnessed an extremely strange thing happening ten different times. It always happens like this:

(1) While my Samsung tablet device is turned off, and leaning against a wall recharging, the flashlight at the back of the tablet will turn on all by itself (something you think would be impossible, since the tablet is turned off). This will occur hours after I plugged in the tablet to recharge.
(2) A few seconds after I pull out the recharging chord, the flashlight turns off.
(3) I swipe my finger against the tablet, seeing nothing on the screen, verifying that the tablet is really turned off.
(4) I then turn on the tablet, and it starts up normally.

I have used the Samsung tablet every day for more than a year, but the event described above has only happened on these days:

1/30/18
10/31/17
10/23/17
10/06/17
9/30/17
9/7/17
9/6/17
9/1/17
8/30/17
8/7/17


You can see a video showing one of these cases here. Searching on the Internet, I am unable to find any case of someone who has experienced something similar.  There was never any type of physical interaction that might have caused these cases; in each case, the tablet was more than two meters away from me when the flashlight turned on.

The flashlight at the back of the tablet is software-driven, and cannot be turned on by a button press. I know of no way to turn on the flashlight at the back of the tablet when the tablet is turned off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment