Monday, June 18, 2018

A Paranormal Father's Day?

I have a document keeping a record of all odd things that I observe other than orbs that appear in my photos (this blog is the record of my orb observations). In that document I have a record of more than 200 anomalous coin observations such as this inexplicable sighting of a coin rolling up from behind me while I was alone at home. If I do something like walk down the street and see a coin on the street, I won't record it in this document. But if I suddenly notice a coin in a spot that I had previously observed in the same hour and seen no such coin, I will record such a coin sighting in the document.

There's a laundromat that I go where I get countless anomalous-seeming coin observations. When I go into the laundromat, I always walk around looking for coins on the floor, and I virtually never find any.  But then later on in the hour, one or two coins will tend to show up. I must have seen 70+ such coins that showed up at this laundromat after I had previously checked that there were no coins on its floor.

Yesterday (which was Father's Day) a coin showed up at this laundromat in a startling fashion. I was drying some clothes, and put the clothes in the upper dryer above another dryer. After starting up the dryer, I look down and see a coin I failed to notice before. The coin was perched on the little window ledge of the dryer door. How could a coin possibly have got to such a spot? I suppose someone could have placed it there as some kind of "let me put a coin in some weird funky place" kind of lark, but you would think a coin could never stay in such a spot for more than an hour, as opening the dryer door would cause it to fall.

When I got back to my apartment, I observed the 15th and 16th cases of something spooky I have seen over the past several months: the flashlight at the back of my Samsung tablet device turning on mysteriously, while the tablet was turned off and recharging. The flashlight at the back of the tablet cannot be turned on through manual effort; it has no switch. I know of no way to turn on the flashlight at the back of the tablet when the tablet is turned off. But nonetheless I have seen 16 different times of such a flashlight mysteriously turning on while the tablet was turned off.  This happens something like one day in 10 or 15 that I use the Samsung tablet.

Postscript: On July 22, 2018, I went to the laundromat, and did my regular routine of looking around on the floors for coins, finding none, as usual.  After washing my clothes and putting them in the dryer, I saw a clean stretch of floor ahead of me, parallel to a row of dryers. For some reason I had a kind of impulse to walk down that area of the floor for about 15 feet, to see whether I could see a coin on the floor. I walked down the empty floor area about 15 feet, and saw no coins on the floor. I  then turned around. Then I was startled to see a penny on the ground, very noticeable, in the exact path that I had just walked without noticing a penny, while specifically looking for coins on the ground.  In a case like this I just have to ask myself: how could I possibly have failed to see that coin while walking past its location the first time? It's just as if the coin had suddenly materialized during my brief stroll of 15 feet. Things this strange involving coins happen to me very frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment