Monday, November 5, 2018

When Lights Turn on by Themselves

Today I woke up about 10:00 AM alone in my apartment and noticed a light in my daughter's bedroom was on.  The light is a type that you can turn on by pressing the lampshade. I pressed the lampshade several times to turn the light off. But at about 2:00 PM I noticed that the light had turned back on. There was no one else in the apartment. We have had the light for years, and this is the first time I've seen such a thing.

Could I have remembered wrongly about turning the light off? I had taken some pictures of the bedroom about noon (without walking into the bedroom), and one of them (shown below) showed the light off.

By comparison, this is how the lamp looks when it is on.


So clearly the lamp was off at noon, and the lamp somehow managed to turn on by itself between noon and about 2:00 PM, even though no one entered the room during that time.

This is one of quite a few cases I have experienced of lights turning on by themselves.  On January 6, 2016 a lamp about a meter from me turned on by itself. The lamp was a very sturdy lamp requiring a firm press of a switch to turn on, and the lamp was directly plugged into the wall.

Another case I have experienced of a light turning on by itself is the fact that I have 16 times observed the flashlight at the back of my Samsung tablet device turning on by itself, all at times when the tablet device was turned off. I know of no way to turn on the flashlight at the back of the device when the tablet is turned off.

Click here to read about very many similar spooky incidents.

Postscript: Besides getting all these cases of things turning on by themselves mysteriously, I also get many cases of things turning off by themselves mysteriously. In recent months there have been more than 15 cases of my sound machine turning off by itself mysteriously, one case of a well-charged phone turning off by itself,  and six cases of my Samsung tablet turning off by itself even though it was well-charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment