Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Ecto-Mist Hotspot?

Photo date: April 4, 2017. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

The photo below shows a strange mist-like thing I photographed on a night when the temperature was 48 degrees F.  My camera was at arm's length. Some of the mist seems to be behind the tree.

ecto-mist
 After taking the photo, I twice tried photographing my breath while breathing out as hard as I could. But I was not able to photograph my breath.

I have twice before photographed similar mists in front of the same building. The photos are shown below. There are no vents  nearby the spot I took these photos.

ecto-mist
The phenomenon of unexplained plasma-like mists or clouds photographed at ground level is visually documented at this site, at this site, in Mya Gleny's site here,  in the book "The Orb Project" by Miceal Ledwith and Klaus Heinemann, Ph.D, and in the book "Beyond Photography: Encounters with Orbs, Angels and Light-Forms," by  Katie Hall and John Pickering.  Such mists are sometimes called ecto-mist. 

It is interesting that of the only 15 photos I have taken showing such a thing, three were taken in front of the same building. Given that I photograph at night in front of more than 200 buildings, the chance of such a thing is only about 1 in 10,000. Odds such as these can be calculated using a binomial probability calculator such as the one at StatTrek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment