Sunday, April 14, 2019

When the "Game of Thrones" Marathon Got Spookier

This evening I was watching the final hours of HBO's "Game of Thrones" marathon (leading up to the new season premiere) while alone in my living room. It's a show that has some spooky elements: magic, dragons, walking corpses, paranormal abilities, and so forth.  I had just finished watching with great interest the very exciting grand climax of one episode in which the flying dragons help to save Jon Snow from zombies, and he is united with Daenerys Targaryen.  The next episode had just started. I got up to close a window a few meters away, seeing a "Game of Thrones" character on the TV screen as I walked to the window. After closing the window, I immediately noticed the TV had changed from channel 511 to channel 100.  How could this have happened while I was meters away from the TV remote? There is an "On Demand" button on the remote, but that switches to channel 1000, not channel 100.  No one else was in the room.

Something very similar happened on Friday. I was watching "Star Trek: Enterprise" on channel 151, when I got up to do something in another room for a few seconds.  Coming back to the living room (where no one else was), the TV channel had switched to channel 10, a channel I never watch.

These are merely the latest in a long series of inexplicable events around the home which seem to resemble mysterious manifestations.

No comments:

Post a Comment