Saturday, March 19, 2022

You Can Remember Something in a Dream You Could Not Remember When Awake

Today I had a dream in which one of my daughters gave me a phone, telling me on the line was one of the female stars of "Little House on the Prarie," a popular NBC TV series which ran from 1974 to 1983. In the dream I spoke to the person, who said she was now very far away (I think in China).  When I woke up I remembered that in the dream the person had a name of "Mary Anderson" (as best I could remember), and seemed to match the older daughter in the "Little House on the Prarie" TV show. I tried to remember the names of the two actresses who played the daughters in that series, but I could remember only one: Melissa Gilbert. I could not remember any part of the name of the actress playing the older daughter, and did not know whether my dream had got any part of the name right. Later I checked the internet and found that the actress who played the older daughter was Melissa Sue Anderson. In my dream I had correctly recalled her last name, which I could not recall while awake.  

Postscript: On March 27 I dreamed that Dwight Eisenhower (President of the United States between 1952 and 1960) was saying that people from Texas could be good US presidents.  I certainly did not recall at the time that Eisenhower was born in Texas, a fact I can never recall learning before having this dream.  When I looked up Eisenhower's birthplace, I actually expected to find that it was in Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment