Saturday, January 13, 2018

An Astonishing Physical Appearance

Many people report finding coins that rather seem to have appeared from out of nowhere. If you do a Google search for “finding dimes” or “finding coins” you can find many web sites that refer to this phenomenon.

I have previously reported one very dramatic case of a coin that seemed to appear from out of nowhere – a coin that I saw rolling on the floor from behind me, rolling up along the space just to the right of me. This happened while I was alone in my apartment. A case like that is very rare. But there is a type of anomalous case that I experience very frequently.

What I have experienced more than fifty times is something like this:
  1. I will notice a coin that exists in a spot that I had repeatedly observed or walked past earlier in the day, without noticing any coin in such a spot.
  2. I will then wonder how it is that the coin could have been in that spot without me noticing it during the previous times that I walked past that spot or observed that spot earlier in the day.
To give a typical example that recently happened, there is a laundromat I go to where I have had many anomalous-seeming experiences involving finding coins. Given my previous experiences at this spot, any noticeable coin on the floor will attract my attention. The last time I went there I leaned against a wall waiting for my clothes to dry. After leaning against the wall for about 10 minutes, I looked down and suddenly saw a coin about twelve inches in front of where I was standing. I then ask myself: how could I possibly have failed to notice that coin during the 10 minutes I was previously standing there?

Events such as that have happened to me at least fifty times. One morning I woke up and found a coin on top of my stomach. An equally astonishing incident occurred on June 9, 2016.

On that day I half-watched television throughout the day, while sitting on my couch facing the television, and using my laptop computer while sitting on the couch. I then left my New York City apartment, returning at 11:10 PM. When I returned there was a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup right in front of the television set, on the floor, about 12 inches directly in front of the set. It was the only thing in an empty area of about 5 feet by 5 feet, an empty area directly in front of the television.

I am 100% certain that I would have noticed such a piece of candy if it had been there right in front of the TV during the day during the hours in which I was half-watching television. Moreover, on this date I had not bought or eaten a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in more than a year. So how did this piece of candy get there? I asked my wife, and she had no idea. She never eats candy. According to the note I made immediately of this incident, both of my daughters were away from New York City on this night. So the appearance of this piece of candy was inexplicable.

I do remember that the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup was one of the two favorite snacks of my late mother. Was this some type of sign from the Great Beyond?

People who find coins that seem to appear inexplicably have different opinions about their origin. Some think that they come from spirits of the dead. Others think that they come from angels. At seances observers will often report objects that seem to appear from out of nowhere. In the parapsychology literature such objects are called apports. In a paper published in the Journal of Scientific Exploration, an author claimed to have witnessed seeing more than a hundred inexplicable apports, including many small jewels.

Such apports might appear when a kind of wormhole opens up between our dimension and some other dimension. A scientist may say that such a thing cannot happen, but the same scientist may later tell us it is quite possible that someone might be able to travel instantly from one solar system to another, by using a spacetime wormhole, as they do in the Star Wars movies. If the second thing is possible, there is no reason why the first thing should be impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment