Friday, September 13, 2019

Hair Apports?

In the literature of the paranormal, an apport is something that seems to appear mysteriously, as if it materialized out of thin air, or as a sign from the Great Beyond. At the link here I have some fascinating personal accounts involving apparent apports.  Here are two more.

On August 31, 2019 while thinking of my late father I suddenly noticed a hair in my hand. The hair seemed longer than any of my hairs. I measured it to be twelve inches, which was more than four inches longer than the longest hair on my head.  My hair at the time was only about six inches in length. At the time I was alone in a spot of my home where no one hangs out except myself.

Today something similar happened. A few minutes after thinking of my father, I went to take a shower. After removing my white shirt, I immediately noticed a long dark hair hanging down from my shoulder, not attached to my body. I measured the hair to be 13 inches, at least five inches longer than the longest hair on my head.

Postscript:  After writing this post, I three times observed similar cases in which I suddenly noticed a hair of about 13 inches, at times when I was alone.

Post-postscript:  After writing the postscript above, I have several additional times observed similar cases in which I suddenly noticed  long hairs in my hand or right in front of me, hairs much longer than any on my head. For example, today while typing at my keyboard (alone in my apartment), I suddenly noticed an 18-inch hair on my keyboard.  A few days ago I had a haircut making my hair no longer than 4 or 5 inches.

Post-post-postscript: As of February 4, 2020, I have seen a total of 24 cases in which I suddenly noticed a very long detached hair on my body, typically in my hand or on my arm.  The average length of such hairs has been about 14 inches, much longer than my own hair (which does not get longer than  about 6 inches). In all of these cases I was in my apartment and either at least 20 feet away from any other person or in a room by myself with the door closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment