Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Recharging Anomalies Spook Me

I have witnessed around my living quarters an extreme variety of very hard-to-explain events, including countless mysterious orbs in a variety of colors showing up in photos, lights turning on by themselves, a sound machine changing its channel or state numerous times when no one was touching it, a TV changing its state or channel or sound volume 10+ times when no one touched a remote,  a tank-less toilet four times flushing by itself, objects seeming to appear or change positions in explicable ways,  and so on and so forth.   The latest permutation of this weirdness involves the recharging of my Samsung tablet.

I always leave my Samsung tablet on all day, and recharge it (after turning off the machine) while I am sleeping, which is sufficient to produce a 100% charge of the battery. Whenever I recharge the tablet, the battery level starts out below 70%.  A 100% charge on the device will last all day.  I clocked the recharging speed today, and found that the tablet recharges an additional 18% of the full charge every 75 minutes.

On October 3, 2018 I woke up and went to get my Samsung tablet from the shelf where I put the tablet to recharge (shown below). I noticed the recharging cord was unplugged. I thought to myself, "Silly me, I must have failed to stick in the recharging cord last night." But when I turned on the tablet, I found it was 98% charged.  The tablet had been on all of the previous day, and its power level should have dropped to below 70%. So how could it possibly have regained 98% of its charge when I found the recharging cord unplugged?  No one else uses the Samsung tablet, my wife and daughters having their own devices with equivalent functionality.

On October 24, 2018 I woke up and went to get my Samsung tablet from the shelf where I put the tablet to recharge.  The recharging cord was plugged in, but the Samsung tablet had only 47% of its charge. It should have got a 100% recharge with overnight recharging.  The next day (October 25) I woke up and went to get my Samsung tablet from the shelf where I put the tablet to recharge.   I saw a charging indicator saying the tablet was 84% charged. It should have been 100% recharged after an overnight charge.  You could possibly explain the October 24 case by imagining that the recharging cord was not plugged in all the way into the power strip.  But the October 25 case cannot be explained in such a way, as the tablet was clearly plugged in all the way (and also after a day's use my battery level slips down to below 70%).

On November 8, 2018 I woke up and went to get my Samsung tablet from the shelf where I put the tablet to recharge. The recharging cord was plugged in, but the Samsung tablet had only 42% of its charge. It should have got a 100% recharge with overnight recharging.

On November 11, 2018 I woke up and went to get my Samsung tablet from the shelf where I put the tablet to recharge. The recharging cord was plugged in, but the Samsung tablet had only 55% of its charge. It should have got a 100% recharge with overnight recharging.

On today November 27 2018 I woke up and went to get my Samsung tablet from the shelf where I put the tablet to recharge. The recharging cord was plugged in, but the Samsung tablet had only 95% of its charge. It should have got a 100% recharge with overnight recharging.  I had plugged in the charger at about 1:20 AM when its battery charge was below 70%, and woke up at about 11:00 AM (getting about 9 hours of sleep).  Based on the recharging rate I measured today, the Samsung tablet should have been fully recharged by 5:00 AM.

You might try to explain some of these anomalies by imagining overnight power failures, but such a power failure would always produce an anomaly on my plugged-in alarm clock (which would either have a flashing 12:00 or a time that was wrong by several hours). Such an alarm clock anomaly was never seen on any of these nights, ruling out such a possibility. During all these incidents the Samsung tablet was password-protected, ruling out the possibility that anyone else in my apartment would have used the device for any appreciable amount of time while I was sleeping. On none of these nights did I wake up early, and the Samsung tablet always had 8 hours on the shelf. I always turn off the machine when recharging it.

Below is the setup under which recharging occurred on all these nights.  Under such a setup there is no possibility of someone at night accidentally disrupting the charging, as the charging cord is away from all foot paths, between a sofa and a table. The power strip is directly plugged into an outlet that cannot be neutralized by any wall switch. 97% of the time I see no such anomalies, and find the tablet 100% charged in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment