Monday, March 30, 2020

Spooked Area?

Below we see an area of my humble apartment.


The phone is an intercom phone. On February 20 at 2 PM I was very surprised to find the intercom phone hanging down from off of its slot, something I had never previously seen in the many years I have lived in this apartment. The phone hadn't been touched that day.

The light is a very sturdy and reliable light that has always been directly plugged into the wall, a light that can only be turned on by a firm press of a button under the lamp shade. One day years ago this light turned on by itself while I was sitting motionless more than a meter away from it.  Today the light turned off by itself when I was sitting motionless more than a meter away from it.

When I saw this I thought the bulb might have burned out, but it hadn't. I felt the bulb and turned it a bit to the left. The light turned back on. I hadn't touched the bulb in months.

I then saw something strange. The light flickered noticeably for several minutes. I thought this might be the last minutes of the bulb's life. But then the flickering stopped, and the light went back to shining in a completely normal light.  I took a short video of the light when it was flickering, and when I watched that video I thought to myself: yes, the light definitely was flickering.

Postscript: Today, April 3, 2020, I again saw this light turn off by itself, when I was sitting motionless about a meter away from it. When I saw it turn off by itself the last time (March 30), I had been careful to twist the bulb all the way to the left, as far as it would go, which turned the light back on. Today after noticing that the light had turned off, I again was able to turn the bulb to the left to turn it back on. That should have been impossible, because I had turned the bulb all the way to the left on March 30.  Long story short, it's as if some invisible force turned the bulb to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment