Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Return of the "Purple Flower" Motif

My late mother's favorite color was purple, and she was very fond of wearing purple clothes. The last conversation I had with my late sister (occurring quite a few years ago) was one involving the paranormal and a purple flower. I asked my sister whether she had ever experienced something paranormal or something she could not explain. She told me she had some experience involving a purple flower she could not explain. It seems that after my mother's death there were some purple flowers that had appeared  unexpectedly in my sister's garden, and a purple flower that had survived way longer than expected. I cannot recall precisely all the details, but I remember my sister saying that a purple flower from her garden had survived for years in her refrigerator. My sister seemed to think that this may have been some supernatural or paranormal sign related to my mother. 

Yesterday I had the 67th dream I have had of my mother since mid-November 2020 (when I started recording my dreams). The dream was a realistic one. In the dream I was in a store, talking to some woman named Yolande. After pointing to some Christmas decorations, I accurately described my mother's Christmas decoration habits, which were to fill the house with Christmas decorations during the time from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.  How very strange that the name "Yolande" should appear in my dream. Prior to the dream, I had (as best I can recall) never spoken that name, and could not identify anyone (fictional or real) who had that name. 

Not knowing what the name meant, I looked up the meaning of the name Yolande, and found that it is a name meaning "violet flower."  

Postscript:  When I get very drowsy while trying to fall asleep, I sometimes seem to get words and phrases appear in my mind "out of nowhere." It is rather as if the state of relaxed drowsiness (sometimes called a hynagogic state) was opening my mind to telepathic influences from some external source. On May 31, 2023 I was in such a state of extreme drowsiness, when suddenly there came into my mind the name "Yolande," the same name mentioned above.  The name seems to have just appeared "out of nowhere," and I was not thinking about either my mother or the incident described above. 

Page 112 of the document here notes that hypnosis or near-hypnotic states have long been associated with greater results in tests of ESP or clairvoyance. We read this:

"Van de Castle (1969) pooled the results of all forced-choice experiments reported up to that time in which scoring under hypnosis and control conditions were directly compared. He found that the mean score over 1,776 hypnosis runs was 5.51 (p < 10 -20 ), while the mean of 1,381 control runs was only 5.03."

The reported result is one that you would never expect to get by chance if you spend a billion years testing people all over the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment