Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Telepathic Alert?

 In a previous post I discussed an interesting case of me seeming to get "out of nowhere" just after waking up a recollection of some song lyrics I have not heard or recalled in many years. Something similar happened  this morning. Very strangely, just after awaking this morning I recalled some lines of the song "Do You Hear What I Hear?" -- a song I have not heard or recalled in many years. Nothing I had thought about or dreamed about in the previous hours had any resemblance or connection to this recollection.  The lines I recalled were these:

Do you see what I see?

A star, a star, dancing in the night

With a tail as big as a kite

With a tail as big as a kite

The song refers to the Star of Bethlehem, which the Bible describes as leading the  Wise Men to the birthplace of Jesus.  But the lyrics I remembered sound more like a description of a shooting star, as they refer to "a tail as big as a kite."  Struck by this improbable recollection, I remembered there is a December meteor shower producing shooting stars. 

It turns out tonight (December 13) will be the peak of the Geminid meteor shower producing "shooting stars," which make long streaks in the sky caused by tiny particles burning up in the atmosphere. And the sky will be clear tonight where I live, creating an ideal opportunity for me to see shooting stars at about 9:30 tonight. I wonder whether some mysterious external mind capable of telepathic connection to my mind alerted me to this rare opportunity for enjoyment.  The only night I saw shooting stars in high numbers was a night in 1976 when I saw very many of them while I was with my late father and two late sisters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment