Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Spooky Hops

 A few minutes ago I was walking by my not-yet-turned-on TV, walking about 18 inches away from it, when I heard a strange barely audible noise, sounding like something very small dropping very near. I looked two feet to my left to investigate. I saw on the floor a closed safety pin that had been on the ledge of my TV stand. It was now about 18 inches (about half a meter) away from the TV stand it had been on. I picked up the pin, and dropped it, to see if it made a sound just like the sound I had just heard. It did. The pin seems to have made an inexplicable hop of about half a meter.  

I might read symbolism into this event by considering the word "safety" in the term "safety pin."  Perhaps we have here some strange symbolism involving safety or security. 

Postscript: At the end of this day I saw a three-inch-wide air freshener on top of my toilet mysteriously fall off the toilet top, plunging to the left. The air freshener had been entirely on top of the toilet top, without any part of it dangling on the edge. 

Post-postscript: I stick to an old habit of wearing earplugs while I sleep. Last night I dreamed I lost one of my earplugs. I then awoke in real life to find only one earplug in my ears, with the one other one clutched by the right two fingers of my right hand. I put the earplug back in my ear, so that both of my ears were plugged. Later I awoke to again find one of my earplugs out of my ears, with the earplug now being clutched by the left two fingers of my left hand. I have no memory of removing either ear plug on this night. If this is some poltergeist activity, we might call it poltergeist precision. 

Post-post-postscript: On July 18, 2024 there was what seemed to be an even spookier hop of the same safety pin. After playing a video game on the couch for more than 30 minutes, I looked to my right and saw next to me a few inches away the safety pin, which had previously been about two meters away, on the ledge of my TV stand. I have no idea of how it got to a position right next to me. 

On July 20 this type of thing seemed to have a little "Other Side" symbolism. Just as I passed over to the other side of a doorway,  a meter away from my bathroom doorway, an object mysteriously fell off the top of a toilet.  Something similar happened the next day, and again on July 29. 

No comments:

Post a Comment