Monday, July 9, 2018

An Incredibly Strange Thing I Observed Last Night

Besides endless astonishing cases of orb activity that I've photographically documented on this blog, I also have documented non-photographically an interesting set of events that range from the strange to the inexplicable. As posted in this series of posts, these events have included:

(1) Sixteen cases of the flashlight on the back of my Samsung tablet device turning on even though the tablet was turned off (I know of no way to turn on the flashlight at the back of the tablet when the tablet is turned off).
(2) Fifteen cases of an electric toothbrush turning on mysteriously when I was far away from it, and no one else was touching it.
(3) Four cases of a toilet flushing by itself, twice on October 31, 2016, and twice on October 21, 2017 (the toilet is a type with no tank and no float, the two things needed for naturally occurring "ghost flushing," and the toilet requires a very firm hand movement to flush).
(4) One case of a lamp turning on by itself many months ago (the lamp is a very sturdy type of lamp that was directly plugged into the wall, and the lamp requires a firm press of a switch to turn on). The lamp and socket have worked flawlessly since then.
(5) This astonishing case in which a television remote several feet to my left (face-up) somehow acted as if a sequence of 14 different buttons had been pressed on the remote.
(6) Innumerable strange events involving coins, including a case of waking up with a coin on my stomach while I was lying on my back, and a case of a coin rolling up from behind me when there there was no one else in my apartment.

Last night (a Sunday) at about 9:30 PM I tried to watch some of the “Long Island Medium” TV show, using video on demand (it was the first time this year I've tried to watch that show). I was able to get the picture, but for some reason I was unable to get the sound. This was quite strange, because I pretty much never have sound difficulties with my cable TV. About a minute after changing to a different channel, I noticed something incredibly strange. I saw my credit card on the left edge of the sofa I was sitting on, jammed into the space between the sofa edge and the sofa cushion edge. I was sitting on the right side of the sofa.



I had last touched the credit card two days earlier, on a Friday. I am quite certain I hadn't touched the credit card since using it at a store on Friday, two days earlier. On that Friday at the store I had placed the card in my wallet, and since returning to my apartment on Friday, the wallet with the credit card had been resting on a book case about three meters from the sofa. What is very strange is that I had been sitting on the right part of the sofa throughout the weekend, looking at my laptop computer I keep on the middle of the sofa (I am currently using an external keyboard I place on my lap). So I should have noticed the credit card within less than a minute after it had appeared at the spot I noticed it in at about 9:30 PM, on the left side of the sofa. In such a spot it was very much in my peripheral field of view when I am looking at my laptop, which I used throughout the weekend.

So I absolutely cannot explain the appearance of the credit card on the left side of the sofa (where I never even sit), and I cannot explain how I could have suddenly noticed it in that position at about 9:30 PM when I had been sitting on the right side of that sofa most of the day, looking at the middle part of the sofa where my laptop computer is. We have here an inexplicable displacement of my credit card, as if it had somehow levitated out of my wallet (or instantly teleported to a different position) while I was trying to watch the “Long Island Medium” show, a show about messages from the dead. 

Without any justification for such a belief, many a scientist will hold to the dogma that all physical effects on our planet have only human causes, biological causes or physical causes. But human experience often seems to tell a very different tale indeed, suggesting that physical effects can occasionally be produced by invisible forces completely beyond our understanding. Such signs may occur more often to people such as myself merely because we have expressed interest in seeing such signs. We can imagine that there are unseen spiritual realities that observe our world and are quite capable of interacting with it, but who produce signs of their power mainly to those receptive to seeing such signs. I would say that the non-photographic evidence I have seen of a mysterious paranormal reality is as weighty to me as the very weighty photographic evidence I have of such a reality, evidence that can be viewed on this blog. 

Postscript: My wife was in the apartment for much of the day when this happened, but between 7:30 PM and 9:30 PM she was never in the living room where the sofa is located, nor was anyone but me. I would have seen the credit card on the left of the sofa very soon after it appeared, as I was sitting on the right of the sofa between 7:30 and 9:30 PM. Plus in 25 years of marriage I've never known her to try a prank. So I can't explain this event as a case of a prank by my wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment