Thursday, January 31, 2019

Pure But Puzzling

Photo date: January 31, 2019. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

The photo on the left shows a drop of pure, clean water, which I photographed while it was falling.  We see strange circular shapes with holes in them. The photos on the right are closeups of such shapes, taken from other photos I took today while photographing ordinary water drops falling.

odd water drop

This effect is not at all something that appears only when a flash photo is taken, because I often see the effect in my camera view finder as I photograph falling water drops.

Below is another photo from today showing the same effect, which today occurred in about 20 consecutive photos before disappearing just as mysteriously as it had suddenly appeared.

orb holes

No comments:

Post a Comment