Friday, February 1, 2019

The JOTT Phenomena Such as Objects Reappearing Where They Disappeared

A paranormal researcher named Mary Rose Barrington has studied a type of anomaly that she calls JOTT, which stands for Just One of Those Things.  This page lists different categories of these anomalies:

Comeback: An object mysteriously disappears from a place where it is normally seen. Then later it is found at exactly that spot. For example, you can no longer find your house keys that you normally keep on a small table near the door. Then later you find the keys at just that spot. 
Walkabout: An object mysteriously disappears from the place where it is normally seen, only to be later found at some different place.  For example, you can no longer find your house keys that you normally keep on a small table near the door. Later you find them on top of your refrigerator.
Flyaway: An object disappears from the place where it is normally seen, never to be seen again. 
Turn-up: "An article known to the finder but from an uncertain location is found in a location where it is known not to have been before it was found." 
Windfall:  "An article of unknown provenance is found to be inexplicably present."  For example, you find on top of your refrigerator a ring you have never seen before. 
Trade-in: "An article ceases to be present at or near a known location and soon afterwards a similar article is found in that location." 

Barrington lists many real-life examples of such things in this document. 

I have witnessed quite a few inexplicable events that could be put into one of these categories. In the "windfall" category I have witnessed the strange appearances described here and here and here and here.  In one case the "windfall" was a coin rolling up from behind me when I was alone in my apartment.  A more recent case rather seeming like a "windfall" occurred last week. A few seconds after thinking of my late father, I noticed a penny close to the exact center of the rug in front of me (a thin rug, not a shag rug). I had been sitting in front of that rug for at least six hours without noticing such a coin.  This is one of innumerable such cases I have seen involving coins. 

I also recently experienced what could be classified as a "comeback."  The unit shown below is one that I use in recharging my Sony A6000 camera.  I keep the unit below the end of my bed, on the floor, right next to an electrical outlet.  Several days ago the unit seemed to mysteriously disappear. I thoroughly looked all around the floor and bed, and could find no trace of it.  Yesterday I found it, at just exactly the spot where I normally keep it (on the floor, right next to the outlet) -- the spot that I would have been most likely to have found it while I was looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment