Monday, February 25, 2019

"My Ghost Story" Is a Mixed Bag

The Travel Channel has a TV series called "My Ghost Story: Caught on Camera."  The show occasionally shows some interesting examples of photographic orbs, including some examples of orbs moving on video.  But the interpretations given by the people interviewed are often too dogmatic. For example, someone on the show might say something such as "I know this orb was my late husband," but claims so precise are hard to justify, given that orbs are a very mysterious phenomenon we do not understand well.  The evidence on "My Ghost Story" is a mixed bag, with some accounts being good solid evidence of the anomalous and unexplained, and other cases being quite weak from an evidence standpoint.   

Some of the people interviewed on the show are not aware of the fact that 99% of the mysterious orbs photographed are photographed in completely ordinary places, not in spooky places such as haunted houses.  Occasionally someone on the show will say something such as, "I got an orb in my photo, and I was terrified." That type of thinking makes no sense,  as orbs are as harmless as rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment