Friday, February 8, 2019

Was the Visible Speeding Orb Her Ghost?

On one of my two other blogs I have in recent months published four posts discussing historical evidence regarding apparition sightings. The posts are below:

When World-Class Scientists Saw Ghosts (Part 1)
When World-Class Scientists Saw Ghosts (Part 2)
When World-Class Scientists Saw Ghosts (Part 3)
25 Who Were "Ghost-Told" of a Death

I am currently reading the classic work "Phantasms of the Living," which includes very many accounts of apparitions.  There is a remarkable similarity between these accounts and the accounts collected by Flammarion which I discuss in my "25 Who Were 'Ghost-Told' of a Death." post. The similarity is that in a large fraction of the accounts, we read of someone seeing an apparition of someone,  and then soon learning later that such a person died on the same day (and very often on the same hour and day) as the apparition was seen. 

Here is the latest account I read, on page 76 of volume 2 of "Phantasms of the Living," which you can find here

"About the year 1841, I was in a room with my father in our house in the Isle of Wight,  when he exclaimed, 'Good God, what is that?' starting up as he spoke, and apparently looking at something.  He then turned to me and said that he had seen a ball of light pass through the room, and added, 'Depend upon it, Nurse Simmons is dead.'  This was an old servant in London, to whom he had been sending money, in illness. In course of post came information that she passed away at the very time in question."

The account was reported by the Rev. Stephen H. Saxby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment