Friday, August 14, 2026

200 Dreams of a Deceased Relative

 Last night I had the 200th dream I have had of my deceased father. In the dream I was talking to my deceased mother, who I have dreamed about 179 times. In the dream I said something like this, referring to my father:

"He has mentioned philosophical possibilities, and we may consider some. On one hand, it is possible that everything that exists is mental. Conversely, it is possible that all that exists is matter." 

In the dream I was referring to the philosophical position called idealism, and then referring to the philosophical position called materialism.  Idealism is discussed in my series of posts here and here. Materialism is discussed in my series of posts here

I was not at all surprised that advanced philosophical concepts appeared in one of my dreams. I have previously had astonishing dreams that featured complex philosophical reasoning and also precise relevant recall. Such dreams are discussed in my post here

Below is #235 of the 564 dreams I have had that seemed to be dreams on the topic of life after death

"I dreamed one of my brothers was talking to me and my mother, saying something to the effect that humans exist for only a relatively short time. Apparently taking this as some claim against life after death, I then started to argue in favor of life after death and a purposeful universe. First, I mentioned the research of the Society for Psychical Research (which includes many accounts of apparitions). Then in the dream I referred to the very exact equality of the proton charge and the electron charge, an example of cosmic fine-tuning needed for life to exist. Then I mentioned how in near-death experiences people report floating out of their bodies. 'We are souls,' I said. The dream was extraordinary for its philosophical sophistication and use of pertinent points."

No comments:

Post a Comment