I just returned from a trip to the local library. I followed my usual habit of borrowing almost entirely books written by people who teach things I disbelieve in and who mostly have viewpoints the opposite of mine. This is a big difference between the reading habits of myself and the typical materialist or scientist, who seems to limit himself to studying things written by people with the same worldview as himself. I typically spend at least an hour a day reading articles or papers by those with viewpoints the opposite of my own.
When I returned back to my living quarters, I put on a hook a plastic baseball hat/helmet like the ones that baseball first base coaches wear to protect their heads from foul balls. Doing that, I remembered the interesting incident described here, in which such a hat/helmet mysteriously fell off of a hook that should have held it very securely.
I had interpreted the event as some possible spiritual manifestation that symbolized protection, as such a hat/helmet is used for head protection. Remembering the event, I thought to myself, "He's got me covered," using an English phrase that refers to protection. I was thinking of some mysterious power that might be acting as a force of protection. In the thought, my use of "he" was vague. I was engaging in cheerful speculation, merely in my own mind.
Within five seconds after thinking such a thought, I noticed something very strange. I was holding my iPhone, and I was very surprised to see that the flashlight at the back of my iPhone was now on. I never use that flashlight; I did not intentionally turn it on, and did not previously know how to turn it on. I had to query my phone for information on how to turn off that flashlight on the back of my iPhone.
There is on my iPhone no physical button that turns on the phone's flashlight. And there is on my iPhone startup screen no icon that turns on the phone's flashlight. My iPhone's startup screen look like this:
According to an Apple page, you can supposedly turn on the flashlight by clicking on one of the icons on the bottom row, and audibly asking "Siri" to turn on the flashlight. I did not do that to turn on the flashlight, and did not know until after this event that you could do that. The same page says that you can turn on the flashlight by doing these steps:
"1. Swipe down from the upper-right corner to open Control Center on your iPhone ..
2. Tap the Flashlight button."
I did not know that you could do this. When I tried it, it worked to turn on the flashlight. The required direction of the finger swipe is shown by the red arrow below:
The method above requires a special combination of two finger actions, each acting very precisely in a specific way. It seems all but impossible that any accidental movements of an iPhone would ever produce the combination of these two effects to turn on the flashlight.
I've had this phone for years, and have long taken it with me on my daily walks. I can't recall ever finding before today the flashlight of the phone turned on mysteriously.
The light mysteriously turning on seemingly within a few seconds after my thought of "he's got me covered" (referring to some mysterious protective power) is a striking example of synchronicity, and possible evidence that my upbeat speculative thought was correct.


No comments:
Post a Comment