Friday, June 25, 2021

Three Anomalies at 9:01 AM

 Three times in the past two months I have noticed strange anomalies occuring at 9:01 AM:

  • The first in early May was a power failure that occurred for only a few minutes, beginning at 9:01 AM.  I asked a security guard at my building whether anyone else had reported such a power outage, and he said no one had. He later told me he asked the building supervisor, who said that no work was being done that would have resulted in such a power outage, which was not listed in the records of the local power company.  
  • On June 7 I was lying in bed remembering the 9:01 incident. I listened for anything unusual occurring at only 9:01 AM, with no TV, radio or Internet on at the time. At exactly that minute, I heard a school bell I had received the previous day gently ringing with a little "ping." No one was near the bell. 
  • Today for only about the fifth or sixth or seventh time since early May I listened for unusual sounds occurring at 9:01 AM. At exactly that time I heard a loud rap noise seeming to come from the ceiling above me. I live on the top floor of our apartment building. No one was walking on the roof, for I can hear if anyone ever does, and the strange rap was the only sound I heard from above me. I occasionally hear such raps in my building, but do not seem to hear them more than about once or twice a week. 
People often report mysterious raps in old buildings. I'm not sure anyone has ever adequately proved a natural cause for such sounds, although it is common for people to give explanations of "building contractions."  There is a rich history of seemingly inexplicable raps occurring in seances, and for decades after the famous Hydesville raps (also called the Rochester raps), mysterious raps were reported by very  many reliable witnesses, including distinguished scientists such as Sir William Crookes.  You can read one distinguished person's first-hand accounts of such mysterious raps here (the chapter is written by someone who was a doctor of medicine and also a deputy attorney general). 

I wonder whether there is significance in all three events occurring at 9:01 AM.  Conceivably I am getting a warning about a momentous event that will occur on the calendar day corresponding to such a time, which is September 1. 

Postscript: I experienced no difficulties when September 1 came around. But on that day the city where I live (New York City) experienced a record amount of rainfall, as remnants of Hurricane Ida struck the city.  Thirteen people in New York City were suddenly killed by the storm.. Referring to Wednesday September 1, 2021, a news story states this: 

"The New York City metropolitan area was struck by sudden disaster on Wednesday night as the remnants of Hurricane Ida flooded subways, roads, and homes. At least 45 were killed in New York and New Jersey, and a total of at least 52 across the Northeast. Ida was the worst natural disaster to strike the area since 2012’s Superstorm Sandy."

No comments:

Post a Comment