Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Spooky Yank

 Last night I went to sleep with two pillows under my head, a white pillow (inside a white pillowcase) on top of a blue pillow. I awoke about 12:50 AM with the feeling that there was something unusual about how I had awoken.  A few minutes later  something extremely strange happened.  I felt from underneath my head an extremely unusual and very noticeable sensation. The sensation was not painful, but it felt so unfamiliar that I turned on the light to see whether I could find a cause for what had happened. 

The white pillow that had been underneath my head was now on the floor nearly two meters from where it had been a few seconds ago, and was now without any pillowcase. On top of the blue pillow was the white pillowcase in which the white pillow had  been in a few seconds ago. The arrangement of items looked just exactly as it would have looked if some mysterious force had yanked the white pillow from out of its white pillowcase, and tossed the pillow nearly two meters away, leaving the white pillowcase in its original position. 

This inexplicable occurrence may have been meant to symbolize something. The sudden separation of the pillow from its pillowcase may have symbolized the sudden departure of the soul from the body at death. If we have immortal souls, then our souls can do just fine without a body, just like a pillow will still be functional without its pillowcase.   

The event was merely one of very many cases I have recorded on this blog of matter seeming to move around or appear in inexplicable ways.  You can read about such cases by using the link here, and continuing to press the Older Posts button at the top right. 

Postscript: When I originally wrote the account above, I had no idea that other people had reported similar events while in bed. I now read in the book Ghosts and Poltergeists the following: "The pulling off of the bedclothes is one of the commonest features (witness the Enniscorthy case recorded by Sir William Barrett) and so also is the movement of inanimate objects."

No comments:

Post a Comment