Thursday, October 5, 2023

Double Anomaly

 We see below four photos I took today in quick succession at the bottom of a stair case, with the camera never tilted and held in exactly the same normal way when each photo was taken.  None of the photos were flash photos. 


There are two things very strange about the first photo, shown in the top left above:

(1) Instead of showing what the scene looked like with my eyes (what we see in the second photo), we see a strange flash of light. 
(2) Also, the photo is inexplicably rotated 90 degrees, although I did nothing to cause such an effect. 

I tested whether this rotation in the image appears if you rotate the camera 90 degrees, holding it sideways. The effect does not appear. I cannot account for either the rotation in the image above, or the "flash of light" effect. Neither should have occurred. 

I continue to get this "flash of light" effect a large fraction of the times that I photograph this stairway, photographing without using a flash. Below is another example from today:

 

I wonder whether there is some mysterious symbolism at work here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment