Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Spookier Than Halloween?

In a long previous post I described extremely spooky behavior from a sound machine I use at night to make a soothing waterfall sound. I described a wide variety of spooky effects coming from the machine between December 2022 and April 2023, which included things as eerie as a diminuendo effect of the sound slowly fading out, the digital clock time freezing for minutes, and an effect of the numbers on the machine's digital clock slowly fading out and fading in several times in a row, an effect I documented with a video you can see in that post. 

Between April 16, 2023 and October 15, 2023 I used the sound machine every night, and it worked perfectly, without any irregular behavior. This only makes the previous behavior seem all the more spooky, seeming to show that there was no mechanical issue with the machine.  On October 16 the machine turned off suddenly two times at night, doing this for the first time in about six months. Last night the machine mysteriously turned off seven times at night, all at very different times.  There was no change in a digital clock a few meters away from the sound machine.

There were some interesting synchronicities involved.  Three times the machine (about a meter away from my bed) turned off within a few seconds after I woke up. In these times when I turned the machine back on I saw a time of 12:00 or 12:01 (the machine resets to 12:00 when it turns off).  Another time just after the sound machine turned off mysteriously, I went into the bathroom and saw a tiny green light turn off and turn back on mysteriously. Another time the sound machine mysteriously turned off while I was thinking of my deceased father. 

I have got almost equally spooky behavior from a small green light in my bathroom, which I have seen mysteriously turn off and on, on more than twenty days, as I document here

Postscript: The next day (October 18) the sound machine mysteriously turned off nine different times at various scattered intervals. In the remaining days of October the sound machine mysteriously turned off a total of more than 60 times, and I saw on different days an eerie effect of the machine's clock numbers slowly fading out to become dark before returning to full brightness a few seconds later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment