Monday, January 29, 2024

A Spooky Event on My Late Father's Birthday

Today I had a dream that seemed to be a symbolic reference to my deceased father. Very often I get more direct dreams in which my father appears unmistakably in the dream. I have had 129 such dreams since I started recording my dreams in November, 2020. This morning (about two hours ago) after having the dream that may have symbolically referred to my father, I lay in bed thinking about my father. At that instant something spooky happened. I heard a loud "click" sound. The GFCI outlet in my bathroom had suddenly turned off, although there was no one in the bathroom.  This can occur from contact with water or steam or by someone pressing the Test button on the outlet. Other than water at the bottom of the toilet, there was no water or steam in the empty bathroom, which had been unused for more than an hour.  Nothing was plugged in to the outlet. So how could the outlet have shut off?  It was as if some invisible presence had pressed the Test button, at the instant I was thinking about my late father.  After waking up I realized that today is my late father's birthday. 

When I pressed one of the buttons, the outlet turned back on. There was no disturbance in a nearby digital clock, so no power interruption hypothesis can seem to explain the strange event. In the nearly two years I have been living at my current location, I have never observed this outlet shutting off when no one was in the bathroom (although on only one previous day last year I inferred that such a thing had happened). 

No comments:

Post a Comment