Monday, February 12, 2024

Another Event That Was Like an Invisible Presence Pressing a Button

This morning, about 30 minutes ago,  my Playstation machine inexplicably turned on by itself.

The machine is set up so that every time I turn on the power going to the TV and the Playstation machine, the Playstation always turns on two minutes after turning on the power. This morning after waking up, I did what I always do in the morning: after turning on the power,  I turned off the Playstation, and selected a TV program to watch. The TV program I selected this morning was Fringe, which I am in the middle of binge-watching.  

After about  five or ten minutes of the TV running this program Fringe, my Playstation inexplicably turned on, while I was sitting on a sofa two meters away, with no one else in the room. This has never happened in the nearly two years I have lived at this location.  The Playstation has a turn on button on its front, and its controller was resting on top of the machine, under the TV screen. The event reminds me of an event I recorded on January 29. When that January 29 event occurred, it was just as if some invisible presence had pressed the Test button on the GFCI button in my bathroom, causing the circuit to turn off with a loud click noise. Similarly, the inexplicable-seeming event I describe here (occurring last year) was just like what would have happened if an invisible presence had pressed the Test button on a smoke alarm in a room that had no vapor or smoke. 

Above is my TV just after this event occurred. It is always obvious when the Playstation (PS4) turns on, as the whole TV becomes like we see above. Ironically the series Fringe ( on HBO Max)  is about paranormal events. I am certain I did turn off the Playstation -- the PS4 -- first thing in the morning, because two minutes after turning on the power in the morning, I get not the screen shown above, but a different PS4 screen complaining that the power was suddenly turned off (something I do every night), and also because you cannot watch TV in the morning with my setup unless you first turn off the Playstation. At the time the PS4 (Playstation) suddenly turned on, my TV remote was an arm's length away. You can turn on the Playstation with the TV remote, but that requires pressing different TV remote buttons in a particular sequence of about four presses, something that would never occur accidentally (or would occur accidentally with a probability of  less than about 1 in 1000, if you were pressing random buttons on the TV remote). 

It's very hard to capture events like this happening at random intervals. But my page here does show a video I took of a camera taking 300 pictures by itself, while no one was touching it.  And my page here does have a video showing a camera changing its settings when no one touched it. 

Postscript #1 : Speaking of seeing spooky things, a few days after writing the account above (on February 17) I saw a large raven about 15 feet away, on the street. It seemed bigger than any black bird I had ever seen in New York City. 

Postscript #2 (February 28, 2024): The event of the Playstation machine mysteriously turning on by itself occurred again today,  February 28, 2024. About seven minutes after I turned off the Playstation machine, it somehow turned on by itself. The conditions were the same as before: the Playstation controller was two meters away from me, on top of the Playstation, and the TV remote was an arm's length away from me. 

Postscript #3 (February 29, 2024): The event of the Playstation machine mysteriously turning on by itself occurred again today,  February 29, 2024, occurring two hours atter I had turned off the Playstation machine. The conditions were the same as before: the Playstation controller was two meters away from me, on top of the Playstation, and the TV remote was an arm's length away from me.  

Postscript #4 (March 1, 2024):  Another day, another spooky event.  While sitting on a couch watching TV and using my I-Pad today, March 1, 2024, at about noon,  I suddenly heard a very loud electronic noise, sounding several times.  A look at my state-of-the-art smoke detector on the ceiling (the Nest Protect model) showed that it had a blue color in its ring. which it does not normally display. There was no smoke or vapor in the room,  and no one had cooked in it that day, and no one had showered nearby for hours.  According to the Google link here, the Nest Protect will show such a ring (and make loud sounds) if someone presses the button on the detector. But no one pressed such a button.  Below is a still from a video I took when the smoke detector still showed the ring. The link says that the detector will announce that a test is being made if you press the button, but no such verbal announcement occurred.  This detector is powered by an electrical wire connection, and there was no sign of any power fluctuation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment