Thursday, September 19, 2024

Puzzling Panel

Today just before eating dinner I was looking at my interesting post here discussing unusual deathbed phenomena such as the appearance of abnormal light or the appearing of what looks like an unusual mist. I found similar cases doing a Google search for "strange light at deathbed,"  and found the very interesting account below. As dinner ended I asked my wife whether she had ever seen anyone die. She told me she had been at her father's bedside at death. I asked her whether she remembered her father's last words. She said he was unable to speak in his last month. 

While asking these questions I went to wash a dish, and I noticed that while our microwave oven was not running, the panel on our microwave oven was acting strangely. It seemed to be cycling between three different numbers, none of which I could recognize. I had  not noticed the effect while twice passing by the same microwave oven a bit earlier, before I had asked the questions. I pressed a Clear button to stop the effect. Only later did I realize the possible synchronicity between this strange effect and the questions I had asked. 

Here I forgot to follow my own rule, which is whenever you see some effect that could be paranormal, try to make a video of it, before doing something to stop the effect.  But at least I am following another rule of mine, which is: whenever you see something spooky, write down what happened as soon as possible, while the incident is fresh in your memory.  I followed the same rule when I wrote the post here, also involving something spooky-seeming just after mentioning a deceased parent. 

Below is a very interesting account that appeared on page 148 of the July 1926 International Psychic Gazette, which you can read here. Among other wonders, we read of a room being filled with an unearthly light at the moment of someone's death. 

strange light at deathbed

Postscript  The next day something else spooky happened in the same kitchen. At a moment when I was at the sink looking towards the dinner table, my wife was walking towards the dinner table, and a daughter was seated at the dinner table (all of us being at least two meters from a light switch), the main lights in our kitchen turned off. My wife may have switched off the switch for such lights a few seconds earlier, but if she did, there was a delay of maybe three seconds before the lights turned off for good (there may have been an off/on/off thing in rapid succession, with only the first caused by a human hand).   

No comments:

Post a Comment