Friday, September 28, 2018

Another Day, Another "Spooked" Device

I get spooky things happening with devices around my house. They include the following:

(1) Sixteen cases of the flashlight on the back of my Samsung tablet device turning on even though the tablet was turned off (I know of no way to turn on the flashlight at the back of the tablet when the tablet is turned off); and also a case yesterday of the tablet turning itself off by itself.
(2) Fifteen cases of an electric toothbrush turning on mysteriously when I was far away from it, and no one else was touching it.
(3) Four cases of a toilet flushing by itself, twice on October 31, 2016, and twice on October 21, 2017 (the toilet is a type with no tank and no float, the two things needed for naturally occurring "ghost flushing," and the toilet requires a very firm hand movement to flush).
(4) One case of a lamp turning on by itself many months ago (the lamp is a very sturdy type of lamp that was directly plugged into the wall, and the lamp requires a firm press of a switch to turn on). The lamp and socket have worked flawlessly since then.
 (5) More than ten cases in which it seemed as if a TV remote was being pressed when my body wasn't touching it, including this  astonishing case in which a television remote several feet to my left (face-up) somehow acted as if a sequence of 14 different buttons had been pressed on the remote.

Yesterday another device in my home was acting spooky, as if some invisible force was playing with it. The device is a sound machine I have, a device that can make various types of soothing sounds that may help you fall asleep. I leave the machine running all day to help drown out traffic noise. Yesterday during waking hours the machine would repeatedly turn off by itself, and in such cases I would see that the "Power" button in the middle was no longer lit. Now, normally if you turn off the power button, the machine will remember which of the "sound channels" you had last used. So if you switch to the "Waterfall" sound channel, and then turn off the power, the machine will keep making the "Waterfall" sound when you turn back on the power. But yesterday I twice observed the sound machine both turning off and switching channels all by itself.  I never use the "Rainforest" channel, but two times yesterday (while I was on the "Waterfall" channel)  the machine turned off by itself and also switched to the "Rainforest" channel, so that I got the "Rainforest" channel when pressing only the "Power" button to turn the machine back on. After seeing this, I tested whether the machine would still remember the last "sound channel" that was playing after you turn the power off and on; and it did so for each of the six sound channels.  I was alone in my apartment when this happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment