Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Spooky Occurrences

Regular readers of this blog may have some read of my previous accounts of many spooky things happening around my living quarters. Here are a few more that happened in recent days.
(1) Looking at the "Dialed Calls" part of my phone log, I noticed another "phantom phone call" dialed from my phone, one requiring eight button presses on my phone. The call occurred while the phone was in my pocket, untouched. Also, the phone seemed to turn off by itself today, even though well charged (the same thing has happened with my Samsung tablet).
(2) I was looking for my phone, and couldn't find it. Then I saw it on a windowsill of my apartment. I have no memory of ever putting any phone on any windowsill during my lifetime.
(3) I was very surprised to see the background image on my Windows desktop suddenly change to be a photo I had taken days ago.  I have no memory of ever choosing to make such a change. The photo was a dull photo I would never have selected as a desktop background.
(4) During one or two days in the past week, my sound machine (which can create white noise or natural sounds) would repeatedly turn off by itself. Normally when this happens a time will continue displaying on the front, and I can get the machine to resume  making sound by pressing the Power button. But one night the sound stopped coming from the machine, and there was no longer a time shown on the front. The machine seemed to be "dead." I pulled out the adapter plug, and put it back in to the back of the machine. There was still no sound and no time displayed.  I assumed I would never be able to use the machine again. But the next day when I tried plugging it back in to another outlet, it worked fine; and it also worked fine when I plugged it back into the first outlet I was using it with.  The machine has worked without problem the past few days.
(5) I will very often be looking at a web site when suddenly my browser will go to a random page on that web site, even though I never clicked on a link to that page. This often happens five or ten seconds after I haven't touched anything with my finger or mouse.  This happens even on sites (such as my own sites) where I know there is no unusual programming that might cause such a thing.
(6) When I woke up Monday morning, alone in my apartment, I saw a broom in a corner of my living room, but without the broom pan used with that broom. I'm sure the broom wasn't there when I went to bed the previous night (I being the last in the apartment to go to bed). The broom and broom pan are normally kept in the kitchen. Thinking this was rather odd, on Monday evening I asked each of the three other people living in my apartment (my wife and two daughters) whether they had used the broom in the morning. Each of them denied having used the broom on Monday morning. So the broom's appearance in this corner is baffling.


In two of these cases there is what could be a kind of "object displacement" effect similar to what I described here.

The events described here are only the latest in a long series of similar events I have reported, often involving devices turning off or turning on by themselves, or seemingly changing their state or position by themselves, as if some invisible presence was at work.

People have a few stereotyped ideas about ways in which a spiritual presence might make itself known in our world.  Most of us have heard about the ideas of a haunted house (in which a ghost or "cold presence" is repeatedly seen or felt), the idea of a poltergeist (in which a spirit violently tosses things about), and the idea of a seance in which spirits are called forth.  But perhaps those are only some of many ways in which an invisible presence might make itself known.  Let us imagine that spirits can observe our world at will, briefly passing into any home they wish. They might be able to produce physical and electrical effects, and may choose to do so occasionally, perhaps more often to anyone who has expressed interest in seeing such anomalies.  My natural tendency is to explain away non-photographic anomalous things I see about my home, but so many anomalies have piled up that it gets hard to continue doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment