Sunday, January 15, 2023

Spooky Spot

Below we see the latest example of the "precipitation selectivity" effect I have documented in my backyard since August of 2022. I notice the effect when it has started to rain or snow. One of the cement rectangles in my backyard (always the same one) will seem to receive almost all of the raindrops that have fallen. In the post here you can see a dozen  photos I have taken showing such an effect on previous days. 

paranormal rainfall

When I took the photo above on January 14, 2023, I noticed something very odd besides the "specificity" of the precipitation: the appearance of about 30 leaves behind the smallest of the three planters. I had swept up all the leaves from the back weeks ago, so all these leaves appearing behind the small planter seemed like something that had happened in the previous 24 hours. On that day after taking the photo above I cleaned up almost all of these leaves shown above, leaving no more than perhaps two or three leaves in the backyard. I put the leaves in a closed container. 

When I woke up today (January 15) I saw what we see below. Very strangely, I again saw about 30 leaves behind the smallest planter.  The closed container where I had put the leaves shown above was still closed. It seems that for two consecutive days about 30 leaves have mysteriously appeared behind my smallest planter. 

Will this effect just keep occurring, day after day? Stay tuned. 

Update #1 (January 16, 2023): On January 15 I cleaned up all the leaves shown above. When I awoke on January 16 I found the backyard looking about the same as in the photo above, with about 30 new leaves, all near the small planter.  Every other spot in the yard had basically no leaves. All of the trees that drop leaves have been empty of leaves for weeks. On January 17 I found no leaves in the backyard. It was as if the strange effect had abruptly stopped. 

Update #2 (February 7, 2023):  On this day I noticed about 10 leaves behind the planter, looking like the photo above, but with far fewer leaves. There were no other leaves in the backyard. The backyard had been cleared of all leaves about February 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment