Thursday, July 18, 2019

Enigmatic Electronics

Yesterday I observed once again what I have quite a few times observed: a TV changing its state without my intervention.  This usually occurs as the TV changing channels by itself. I was watching the "Star Trek Voyager" show, when suddenly the TV changed to channel 7, which never shows that program.  My black TV remote was away from my body, and the gray TV remote was close to my thigh, but facing 90 degrees away from the TV, perpendicular to it. Later I tried changing the channel using the gray remote in the position it was in when the channel changed, by pressing the appropriate button, but it never changed the channel.

Postscript: A few days later (on July 20) I experienced a new wrinkle in the "TV changing channels by itself" phenomenon. I watched the movie "The Right Stuff" until the scene where John Glenn has his parade, and then went out to a laundromat. Upon returning, I turned the TV back on, and saw that the TV was now on a channel I had never before visited, Channel 1416, with a show "Learning Chinese Painting" in Chinese. No one else was in my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment