Saturday, May 14, 2022

A Spooky Event

This morning when I woke up at about 8:00 I noticed my alarm clock blinking with a time of 12:10. You can explain that by imagining an interruption of the power supply, occurring about 10 minutes before I awoke (although another electrical alarm clock in the home had no such anomaly; it was not blinking, and showed the correct time).  What was very strange was that plugged into the same electrical outlet was a sound machine that was still running normally (making a waterfall sound), and had an alarm clock showing a time of 4:00 (I had never set the sound machine's clock to the correct time). I use the sound machine for generating a waterfall sound that I find helps me sleep. I tested what happens if you interrupt the power of the sound machine: it stops the sound, and resets the machine's clock to 12:00. 

So how can we explain the alarm clock having a blinking time of 12:10 and the sound machine (plugged into the same outlet) not looking as it would have looked (or being silent as it would have been) if there had been some interruption in electrical power about 10 minutes before 8? I can think of no mundane physical explanation that covers this case.  The alarm clock was a meter away from the end of my bed, and could not have been accidentally disturbed. 

Both today's case and the case discussed here seemingly cannot be explained under any electrical power failure idea, but both could be explained under the idea of some invisible force pulling out the alarm clock's electrical cord, and then pushing it back in.  I can imagine a reason why some invisible force might want to do that. The unplugging of the alarm clock may have symbolized death, and its plugging back in may have symbolized life after death. 

Postscript: The same thing happened on July 17, 2022. I woke up around 8:50 AM and saw my alarm clock blinking, showing a time of about 2:10. Another machine (a sound machine with a digital clock) in the same room showed the correct time, just as if there had been no interruption in its power supply. 

Post-postscript: The same thing happened on December 11, 2023. I woke up shortly after midnight, and found the alarm clock blinking. From the time displayed, I deduced that the power had been mysteriously interrupted at 11:55 PM on December 11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment