Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Was It All Just Chance "Playing Poltergeist"?

Quite the little day I'm having. Specifically:

(1) In the night a tiny green light in my bathroom mysteriously flickered, turning off for a second or so before turning back on (something I have previously noticed multiple times). 

(2) My sound machine (which I use every night to make a soothing waterfall sound) mysteriously turned off four different times. The first three times the clock on the machine did not dim in brightness, but the fourth time the clock dimmed greatly in brightness.  After a reset, normal operation of the machine was restored. It's more of the strangeness I describe in this post. 

(3) A Corelle brand plate I have been using for 18 years mysteriously shattered after what seemed like a not very strong contact with a cup. This brand of dishes is legendary for lasting very many years, and has a well-deserved reputation for being almost indestructible.

(4) After moving the trash can shown below to a position next to the white wall around noon, I found it a few hours later more than a meter from where I put it, in the spot shown below. A weather report listed the wind in my city as only four miles per hour today. And since this type of trash can has to be tilted to roll easily, the movement is hard to explain. 


(5) After restoring the trash can to its previous place against the wall, a few hours later I found the can again in the spot shown above, only this time the can was lying on it side. Checking the weather, I saw the wind listed as 8 miles per hour, not enough to topple a can like this one. 

I've seen and photographed so many strange things that this kind of stuff never alarms me.

No comments:

Post a Comment