Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Like Some Flock of Ghostly Birds

Photo date: April 27, 2016. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

 The photo below was taken while photographing nothing but ordinary drops of pure, clean water falling against a dark featureless background.  We see some of the strange things I call orb veils.  After months in which I photographed these wispy things very frequently, taking a spectacular series of photos of them,  I had for most of this year a kind of "orb veil drought" in which I would hardly ever get them (despite no change in my photographic procedure). But today I photographed many of them. It is very strange how they appear in surges, with lots of them showing up on particular days (which might be followed by many days in which none appear).

orb veils
Another photo from the same day shows the same weird effect.

orb veils

No comments:

Post a Comment