Saturday, August 8, 2020

A Two-Part Orb Pattern

Photo date: August 8, 2020. Photographer: Mark Mahin. 

In early August I experienced an unrecoverable failure of a Sony A6100 camera for the third time this year.  The Sony A6100 takes great pictures, but is not as reliable as I would like. I do put it to a heavy workout, taking 5000+ photos a day.  The photos below are from my third Sony A6100.  I have now got pattern anomalies like the ones below from five different cameras (an Olympus camera, a Sony A6000, and three Sony A6100 cameras).

I took the photos below while photographing only ordinary drops of pure, clean water falling in front of a black featureless background.  We see a two-part orb pattern consisting of a circular feature on the lower left and a much larger oval feature on the bottom middle. The pattern appeared in almost all of 100+ consecutive photos.


two-part pattern

orb with two holes

orb with two features

orb with two marks

two-part orb motif

recurring orb pattern

orb with double motif

orb motif

No comments:

Post a Comment