Thursday, March 12, 2015

This Weirdness Cannot Be Classified

Photo date: March 12, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

When I encounter some incredibly strange result in my photographs (as I do very frequently), I am usually able to classify the anomaly with a particular label I have used before.  For example, when I get what looks like an orb face appearing in a water drop, I use my label of "water face effect," as I have done 95 times before when creating posts for this blog. If my photo shows what looks like a face in an orb floating in the air, I use the label of "air orb with face," as I have done 66 times before. If I see what looks like an air orb moving fast, I use the label of "speeding air orb," as I have done 60 times before. 

But occasionally I get some weird result in a photo that I am just not able to meaningfully classify. That happened several times today while I was photographing  pure, clean water drops. I will show you the strange, strange results that I am simply unable to classify.

Here is the first photo.


Here is the 2nd photo. Note the weird ladder-like thing at the bottom, which leaves me asking:  how on earth could it have got that cyan color?

Here is the 3rd photo:

Here is the 4th photo (reminding one of half moons and crescent moons):

Here is the 5th photo (note the strange triangular shapes):

Here is the 6th photo. Is that a face I see at the bottom, looking to the left, with what looks like long hair?  Note also the middle, which shows a similar "feminine" face.

orb face
How can I be getting these results while I was only photographing water drops?

No comments:

Post a Comment