Friday, March 27, 2015

An Interesting Case of Synchronicity

Yesterday I was reading the book Communion by Whitley Strieber, a story of his paranormal experiences.  While reading it, it occurred to me that perhaps one day I should write a book narrating all the many strange things I have seen or experienced (many of which can be discovered by reading this blog). But what to call such a book? I thought for just a second, and then suddenly a title seemed to pop into my mind: the title "Paranormal Plunge."  That wouldn't be a bad title, I thought.  It was rather odd that the rare word "plunge" should just kind of pop into my mind.

I then immediately turned a page on the Strieber book,  and saw that the next page had at the top a poem ("As I Walked Out One Evening") by W.H. Auden that begins like this:

O plunge your hands in water,
Plunge them in up to the wrist;

One could interpret this event as a trivial case of precognition, although perhaps pure coincidence is a better explanation. I have had some interesting experiences that made me wonder whether precognition was involved, as described in this blog post, "Does the Future Splash on the Present?"

No comments:

Post a Comment