Monday, August 3, 2015

A Midsummer's Ghostly Mist

Photo date: August 2, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

Besides orbs, another photographic mystery is an anomaly that is variously referred to as ghostly mists, plasma forms, or light forms, The phenomenon of unexplained plasma-like clouds photographed at ground level is visually documented at this site, at this site, in the book "The Orb Project" by Miceal Ledwith and Klaus Heinemann, Ph.D, and in the book "Beyond Photography: Encounters with Orbs, Angels and Light-Forms," by  Katie Hall and John Pickering.  The photo discussed here is consistent with these reports.

At 9:23 while walking in New York City I took the photo below, which seemed to show some strange mist that I could not see with my eyes. There was no sign or smell of smoke.  I was facing an apartment tower.  There is an orb floating to the left of the tower.

The weather was perfectly clear, and the next photo (from the same angle) showed no such anomaly.

Upon returning to this same place at 9:47 I took a photo that looked normal, except for the appearance of an orb that was not the moon.

But then the next photo, from the same angle, showed an extremely thick haze or mist. With my eyes I could see no trace of smoke, fog or mist in front of me.  Judging from the photo below, you might think some great fire was burning in front of me -- but my eyes could see no sign of smoke, fog or mist, nor any sign of anything ahead of me that might be producing this anomaly.

In the next photo taken a few seconds later, this strange mist or haze had half faded away.

By the time I took the next photo a few seconds later, this strange mist or haze had disappeared.

There was no fog, mist, rain, or precipitation on this night that I could see or feel (except for the misty item above which appeared only in this one place).  The air quality listed on airnow.gov was "good." The temperature was very warm, so there was no possibility I was seeing my own breath.

The photos above were taken with a full-spectrum camera that can detect some radiation invisible to the human eye, such as infrared radiation and ultraviolet. See the link here for 3 related photos I have taken, along with a link to a page by another photographer who has been very successful in capturing anomalies of these types.

No comments:

Post a Comment