Saturday, June 15, 2019

Just Another "Turn-Up"?

As discussed in this post, Mary Rose Barrington has studied a family of mysterious anomalies that she calls JOTT, which stands for Just One of Those Things. She classifies six different varieties of JOTT, including a "walkabout," in which an object mysteriously disappears from the place where it is normally seen, only to be later found at some different place, and a "windfall" in which "an article of unknown provenance is found to be inexplicably present."  Another of the six varieties of JOTT specified by Barrington is what she calls a "turn-up," in which "an article known to the finder but from an uncertain location is found in a location where it is known not to have been before it was found."

I seem to get examples of such JOTT phenomena every now and then, as discussed here. For example, today I woke up, got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Upon returning to my bed about a minute after rising from it, I was surprised to see at the foot of my bed on the floor a colorful dish towel. It was about six inches from the spot I placed my feet when getting out of bed, and fully visible on the floor;  but I hadn't seen such a towel when getting up from the bed. I also have no explanation as to how the dish towel could have got in such a spot, which was not even in the same room that I keep such a thing.  I can recall no previous case of such a dish towel being anywhere near my bed.

The dish towel had many stripes. So much stripe weirdness I'm getting these days, mainly in the form of mysterious striped orbs that show up in my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment