Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Mystifying Horde of Orbs

Photo date: July 29, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

The photo below was taken at 9:30 PM in front of the main branch of the New York Public Library. We see an astonishing swarm of orbs.  The photo has been uploaded directly from the camera, without any cropping.

orb swarm
The photo I took a few seconds earlier (also at 9:30), shown below,  was of a piece of cardboard at arm's length. This showed no orbs, indicating that what is shown in the photo above is not at all dust.

The next photo (also at 9:30) also showed a huge swarm of orbs.

spirit orbs
But the next photo, also taken at 9:30 (of a piece of cardboard at arm's length), also showed no orbs.

As in all of the many times I have tried it (while in the middle of photographing many orbs), this cardboard test showed no orbs, strongly indicating that what I was photographing was definitely not particles (such as dust) near the camera lens. Another thing indicating that we are not seeing dust is the fact that in the first photo we see none of the orbs in front of the building at the bottom right.  If I had been photographing particles near the camera, we would have seen the particles scattered evenly across the picture area.

The next photo (taken at 9:31 PM) again showed a big swarm of orbs.

night orbs

There was no fog, mist, rain, or precipitation on this night. The air quality as listed on airnow.gov was "moderate." When I took these photos, there was nothing unusual I could see with my eyes, and I could not smell anything unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment