Friday, January 31, 2020

I Am Very Interested in Your Flash Photos of Falling Water Drops

While photographing falling water drops, I get at intermittent intervals some very astonishing pattern repetition anomalies that you can see here.  But such wonders occur on and off. What is interesting is that there is an anomaly that I get with 100% regularity. The anomaly is simply that each and every time that I take flash photos of falling water drops, I get a bunch of little circular shapes or orbs. Below is an example.  In this photo we see no repetition of motifs, no repeated pattern.  But we do see something that I cannot explain: the very appearance of all these circles. There is no obvious reason why such shapes should be appearing every time when falling water is photographed.


Even when such circles don't show any holes, notches, stripes, motifs or patterns, I can see significant details in them when I look closely. So it seems they can not be dismissed as mere "light bouncing off water" or "blooming" or something like that. Below is an example in which I can see such details (such as lots of tiny rings inside the top left circle). What we see below seems more like flat circles than spheres, so it does not seem plausible to explain such things as spheres of water.  Also, I know of no physics reason why isolated spheres of water would be constantly appearing inside falling streams of water.


Now, as I said, I get such circles 100% of the time when I take flash photos of falling water drops. I am curious about one thing: is such a regularity peculiar to me, or is it something that any photographer would get when taking flash photos of falling water drops? An exciting possibility is that there is some general tendency of water (a tendency for it to produce mysterious circles or orbs) that has been overlooked by our scientists, who are so very prone to turn a blind eye to anomalies they cannot explain.

To help answer this question, I would be very interested in getting flash photos of falling water drops from any photographer at all. I am just as interested in seeing such photographs when they seem to show nothing interesting as I am in seeing them if they show something a little interesting. For I am trying to find out in what percentage of the time such circles appear when various people take flash photos of falling water drops.

You can take such photographs of falling water drops using the simple technique I describe in this post (click on the title below to see the post):

A Simple Technique for Photographing Falling Water Drops

If anyone uses such a technique, please send me a link for the flash photos of falling water drops you published on social media, or just send me some of your flash photos of falling water drops in an attachment to an email you send to my email address of marjinsopmar@gmail.com.  If you take five or ten flash photos of falling water drops, it should be sufficient to help me answer this question of whether it is common for such circles or orbs to appear when different photographers take flash photos of falling water drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment