Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Orange Orb Decorates the Sky

Photo date: July 3, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

The photo below shows a mysterious orange orb floating above  a tower in New York City. These orange orbs seem to be appearing more and more frequently in my photos. See my posts labeled "orange air orb" for quite a few recent examples of orange orbs floating in the night sky.

orange orb
There was no fog, mist, rain, or precipitation on this night.  The air quality on this night (according to airnow.gov) was "good," with a rating of 46. The pollen count (according to pollen.com) was low-to-medium, with a level of 4.6.  I know this object was not the moon because of the orange color, the fact that I did not see the moon when I was taking the photo, and because when I photograph the moon with this camera, I always get a kind of halo appearance that I don't see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment