Monday, June 22, 2015

New Video: 500 Orb Faces in Water Drops

The astonishing 12-minute video below is compiled from photos that have already been posted to this blog. The video shows 500 "orb faces" that appeared in photos I took of ordinary drops of pure, clean water.


What this video shows is the very amazing "water face effect" that I described in this post.  I first noticed the effect in October, 2014. Since then, I have seen it on very many days that I have sat down to photograph water drops.  This water face effect is basically that very large numbers of water drops that I photograph appear to have inside them what looks like faces.

Like all items posted on this blog, this video is 100% authentic, and consists only of unaltered photos that did not involve any trickery, special effects, or photoshopping.  I have no idea of how anyone could fake a video like this, but I would imagine if someone were to attempt such a thing with this many detailed photos, it would require a world-class team of graphics aces, and a budget in excess of $200,000.  I assure you I am not part of any such conspiracy.  I've never even used Photoshop.

If you are interested in trying to make your own photographs like the photographs that make up this video, the technique I use for making these photographs is fully described here

I suggest watching this video in full-screen mode (as you can do by clicking on the icon on the bottom right corner). I also suggest turning up your speakers, so you can appreciate the very nice ambient music by Lee Rosevere.

Postscript:  I may also note that many of the photos shown here consist of only a relatively small number of pixels, meaning that individual "orb faces" may be only something like 30 pixels by 30 pixels.  It makes no sense to complain that an orb face that is only about 30 pixels by 30 pixels does not look as "realistic" as a photo of a human face that is 400 pixels by 400 pixels. Such "realism" requires a level of detail that can't possibly exist in a photo area of 30 pixels by 30 pixels.

Since making the video above, I have got new instances of the water face effect. See here for the latest examples, which are more dramatic than any shown in the video above. Below is one example, a photo I took while photographing only ordinary drops of pure, clean water falling against a black featureless background.

spirit faces

Below are some other examples, all from photos I took on July 10, 2019 while photographing only ordinary drops of pure, clean water falling against a black featureless background :

orb faces

Below are some other examples, all from photos I took on October 29, 2019 while photographing only ordinary drops of pure, clean water falling against a black featureless background:

mysterious effect

Below are some other examples, all from photos I took on October 29, 2019 while photographing only ordinary drops of pure, clean water falling against a black featureless background:

supernatural effect

No comments:

Post a Comment