Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Summary of 15 Types of Strange Phenomena Documented on This Blog

Below is a summary of 15 types of strange phenomena shown on this blog. 
  1. While photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark featureless background, crescent shapes often inexplicably appear. This is highly anomalous because you would not at all expect such a shape to appear. I have 130 posts showing these mysterious things I call orb crescents.
  2. While photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, thin veil-like shapes often inexplicably appear, what I call orb veils. These may appear in any of 18 different types described here, and often include many spiky edges on their outer perimeter. I have 155 posts showing these mysterious things I call orb veils, which typically appear with a size of several inches. Other orb photographers have sometimes previously reported seeing strange veil-like shapes when photographing orbs.
  3. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I regularly get many circular objects that appear to have smiling faces. This “water face effect” is described in detail here. See my posts labeled “water face effect” to see 296 photos showing these strange orb faces inside drips and drops of pure, clean water.
  4. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I often get photos showing what looks like orbs spinning very rapidly around the outer edges of water drops. See my 94 posts labeled “orb centrifuge effect” to see many examples of this phenomenon.
  5. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I often get photos showing what looks like orbs containing inexplicable stripes in their middle. See my posts labeled “striped orb near water” to see 60 examples of this phenomenon, showing hundreds of orb with inexplicable stripes. 
  6. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I sometimes get photos showing what looks like ring-shaped orbs. See my posts labeled “orb ring” to see 50+ examples of this phenomenon.
  7. I get a great abundance of orbs appearing when I take photos in Grand Central Terminal in New York, as many as 300 observed in one hour (as shown in this video). The orbs often appear as very bright objects, and very often appear as transparent blue balls (see here for many examples). I may note that natural dust never appears blue when it is photographed floating in the air (and it requires heavy dust in the air for you to even get dust orbs in your photos, as the dust particles in normal air are many times too small to appear as decent-sized orbs in photos).
  8. Both at Grand Central Station and at other places, I often get photos appearing to show faces inside of orbs floating in the air. See my posts labeled “air orb with face” for 200 examples, or see this poster showing 30 of these faces in a composite image.
  9. Both at Grand Central Station and at other places, I get many photos showing orbs that are apparently traveling at very rapid speeds, often showing strong motion blur or the effect photographers call ghosting, when multiple position states of a speeding object are captured in a single photo. See my posts labeled “speeding air orb” for 570+ examples of these photographs, or see this poster showing 37 of such orbs, or see this link taking you to three videos compiling hundreds of photos I have taken of such speeding orbs. Or if you want to see a single post showing 10 of the most spectacular moving orbs I photographed in 2015, see this post.
  10. When taking outdoor photos at night under dry conditions, my pictures show an abundance of orbs, in a variety of colors such as red, blue, yellow, pink, purple, orange, peach, and green. Sometimes these appear as a dense swarm of orbs that suddenly appear, with more than 100 orbs appearing in a single photo. See my posts labeled "full spectrum camera photo" for 437 examples. See my posts labeled “orb swarm” for 84 examples of orbs appearing in swarms. Such orbs often have comet-like tails (see here for many examples all taken in dry weather).
  11. When taking photos at Grand Central Station and other places, I sometimes get an extremely anomalous effect I call an “apparition cluster effect.” When this effect occurs, there may be one or more extremely strange anomalies in a single photo, which often seem to involve strange transformations of particular elements in the picture. For example, people in the photo may appear to have faces resembling that of an animal, an alien, or some strange creature humans have never seen.  A single photo may have one or several of these anomalies. See my posts labeled “apparition cluster effect” for 72 examples of this phenomenon, and see my posts labeled "anomalous figure" for additional examples of this phenomenon.
  12. I sometimes photograph misty shapes outdoors that seem to have shapes more definite than one would expect to see from random mist coming from a photographer's breath (with such photographs being taken when the camera was at arm's length, making a “photographer's breath” explanation very unlikely). Such an effect is sometimes called ecto-mist, and I have twice photographed it in weather that wasn't cold. See here for my examples.
  13. In this series of posts I have shown an incredibly strange photographic anomaly in which light seems to rise up like drifting smoke: the effect I call the light metamorphosis. When this effect occurs, a photograph may show light rays rising way up from a light source. Such light rays may have a bending or squiggly appearance, making one or more turns, in apparent defiance of the laws of optics. When the anomaly occurs in front of a TV set, letters from the TV image may rise way above the TV screen, as shown here. I have photographed this anomaly at Grand Central Terminal with some  spectacular photos occurring.  The effect is not the result of a moving camera, and when the effect occurs typically all details in the photo are normal except for the weird rays coming from light sources.  The effect occurs only occasionally, from a camera that normally produces no such effect.  The effect has not occurred in recent months.
  14. I have more than 300 times photographed in the air mysterious orbs with stripes (something that is basically never observed in natural particles). See here for examples.  These often appear as thick straight stripes stretching from one side of an orb to another (what mathematicians call chords), as shown here, and often also appear as curved stripes, as shown here. There are also other types of stripes that appear in my photos of orbs. Sometimes the photos show some extremely distinctive patterns repeated in more than one photo (with several very distinctive patterns appearing between 5 and 10 or more times). I have classified more than 20 such repeating patterns. See here for some extremely dramatic examples (two of which you can see in the photos below). These striped orbs may appear in the sky or indoors. 
  15. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I have more than 6 times photographed multiple orbs with small ring-like features, with the small ring typically taking up less than a fifteenth of the area of the orb. See here for examples. These photos show more than 40 orbs with such a feature. 

striped orbs
A recurring pattern seen in striped orbs. See this post for details.

 Shocking as it may seem, none of these effects are the result of any human artifice or trickery, since all of the photos on this blog are unaltered photos having no changes other than cropping (size-reduction) and minor color adjustments. The only things I ever do to my photos on this blog is to crop them to reduce their size, or sometimes use the Irfanview “Auto-adjust colors” menu option, or (very rarely) reduce the “gamma correction” (which is just a minor color adjustment). None of the photos on this site have been Photoshopped, and I have never used any version of Photoshop.

The source of these incredibly strange anomalies is a mystery to me, and I do not possess any special psychic talent that I know of that might be involved. Some of these phenomena have been produced by other photographers (such as ecto-mist, orb swarms, moving orbs and orbs that appear to have faces), as you can see by looking at the sites in this list. But some of the items on the list above may have been documented only on this blog.

paranormal photo
Another recurring pattern seen in striped orbs. See this post for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment