Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Summary of 20 Types of Strange Phenomena Documented on This Blog

Below is a summary of 18 types of strange phenomena shown on this blog. 
  1. While photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark featureless background, crescent shapes often inexplicably appear. This is highly anomalous because you would not at all expect such a shape to appear. I have 130 posts showing these mysterious things I call orb crescents.
  2. While photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, thin veil-like shapes often inexplicably appear, what I call orb veils. These may appear in any of 18 different types described here, and often include many spiky edges on their outer perimeter. I have 220+ posts showing these mysterious things I call orb veils, which typically appear with a size of several inches. Other orb photographers have sometimes previously reported seeing strange veil-like shapes when photographing orbs.
  3. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I regularly get many circular objects that appear to have face-like details. This “water face effect” is described in detail here. See my posts labeled “water face effect” to see 390+ photos showing these strange orb faces inside drips and drops of pure, clean water.
  4. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I often get photos showing what looks like orbs spinning very rapidly around the outer edges of water drops. See my 94 posts labeled “orb centrifuge effect” to see many examples of this phenomenon.
  5. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I often get photos showing what looks like orbs containing inexplicable stripes. See my posts labeled “striped orb near water” to see 70+ examples of this phenomenon, showing hundreds of orbs with inexplicable stripes. 
  6. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I sometimes get photos showing what looks like ring-shaped orbs. See my posts labeled “orb ring” to see 60+ examples of this phenomenon.
  7. I get a great abundance of orbs appearing when I take photos in Grand Central Terminal in New York, as many as 300 observed in one hour (as shown in this video). The orbs often appear as very bright objects, and very often appear as transparent blue balls (see here for many examples). I may note that natural dust never appears blue when it is photographed floating in the air (and it requires heavy dust in the air for you to even get dust orbs in your photos, as the dust particles in normal air are many times too small to appear as decent-sized orbs in photos).
  8. Both at Grand Central Station and at other places, I sometimes get photos appearing to show faces inside of orbs floating in the air. See my posts labeled “air orb with face” for some examples, or see this poster showing 30 of these faces in a composite image.
  9. Both at Grand Central Station and at other places, I get many photos showing orbs that are apparently traveling at very rapid speeds, often showing strong motion blur or the effect photographers call ghosting, when multiple position states of a speeding object are captured in a single photo. See my posts labeled “speeding air orb” for 700+ examples of these photographs, or see this poster showing 37 of such orbs, or see this link taking you to five videos compiling hundreds of photos I have taken of such speeding orbs. Or if you want to see a single post showing 10 of the most spectacular moving orbs I photographed in 2015, see this post.
  10. When taking outdoor photos at night under dry conditions, my pictures show an abundance of orbs, in a variety of colors such as red, blue, yellow, pink, purple, orange, peach, and green. Sometimes these appear as a dense swarm of orbs that suddenly appear, with more than 100 orbs appearing in a single photo. See my posts labeled "full spectrum camera photo" for 437 examples. See my posts labeled “orb swarm” for 84 examples of orbs appearing in swarms. Such orbs often have comet-like tails (see here for many examples all taken in dry weather).
  11. I sometimes get highly anomalous looking figures appearing in my photos, particularly when photographing in Grand Central Terminal.  See my posts labeled "anomalous figure" for 50+ examples.  I have not noticed such an effect recently.
  12. I rarely photograph misty shapes outdoors that seem to have shapes more definite than one would expect to see from random mist coming from a photographer's breath (with such photographs being taken when the camera was at arm's length, making a “photographer's breath” explanation very unlikely). Such an effect is sometimes called ecto-mist, and I have twice photographed it in weather that wasn't cold. See here for my examples.  The photographer here gets this effect much more often and more dramatically.
  13. In this series of posts I have shown an incredibly strange photographic anomaly in which light seems to rise up like drifting smoke: the effect I call the light metamorphosis. When this effect occurs, a photograph may show light rays rising way up from a light source. Such light rays may have a bending or squiggly appearance, making one or more turns, in apparent defiance of the laws of optics. When the anomaly occurs in front of a TV set, letters from the TV image may rise way above the TV screen, as shown here. I have photographed this anomaly at Grand Central Terminal with some  spectacular photos occurring.  The effect is not the result of a moving camera, and when the effect occurs typically all details in the photo are normal except for the weird rays coming from light sources.  The effect occurs only occasionally, from a camera that normally produces no such effect.  The effect has not occurred in recent months.
  14. I have more than 700 times photographed in the air mysterious orbs with stripes (something that is basically never observed in natural particles). See here for examples.  These often appear as thick straight stripes stretching from one side of an orb to another (what mathematicians call chords), as shown here, and often also appear as curved stripes, as shown here. There are also other types of stripes that appear in my photos of orbs. Sometimes the photos show some extremely distinctive patterns repeated in more than one photo (with several very distinctive patterns appearing 25 or more times). I have classified more than 25 such repeating patterns. See here for some extremely dramatic examples (two of which you can see in the photos below). These striped orbs may appear in the sky or indoors. 
  15. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I have more than 50 times photographed multiple orbs with small ring-like features, with the small ring typically taking up less than a fifteenth of the area of the orb. See here for examples. These photos show more than 40 orbs with such a feature. 
  16. When photographing pure, clean water drops falling against a dark background, I have more than 100 times photographed multiple orbs with inexplicable holes. Sometimes the photos showed two or three of these mysterious holes in each orb, as shown here and here.  See here for examples.  Very strangely, such holes will very often appear in a way that shows what I call "positional bias." For example, a photo may show many orb holes, all on the bottom center of the orbs. Or the photo may show many orb holes, all on the top left of the orbs.  Such "positional bias" often persists for many consecutive photos, with the same type of positional bias persisting for 5-10 or more photos. See here for some dramatic examples.  When photographing such water drops, I will often see a particular pattern or motif (such as a distinctive-looking orb hole or group of orb holes) that will appear many times in almost all of hundreds of consecutive photos. See here and here for many astonishing examples.  Or click here (continuing to press Older Posts at the bottom right of the page) to view 300+ examples of such massively repetitive orb patterns. 
  17. I have very many times observed strange phenomena around my living quarters, such as lights turning on by themselves, machines such as TVs changing their states by themselves, and objects seemingly having their positions changed in an inexplicable manner. See here for posts describing such incidents. 
  18. I have taken videos that show my Sony A6000 camera performing as if some invisible spirit was operating it.  The video here shows the camera repeatedly changing its settings screens when no one was touching the camera.  The video below shows the camera taking 300 photos by itself, when no one was touching the camera, in 13 separate bursts, as if some invisible spirit was holding down the shutter button 13 times. 


19. I have repeatedly observed inexplicable behavior from the sound machine I use to make a soothing "waterfall" sound while I sleep. Such behavior (described in this post) has included the machine inexplicably turning off the sound it had been making and resetting its time to 12:00 (as many as 15 times in one day), and the machine displaying no time while making a "waterfall" sound (a state you cannot get the machine to reach through any type of fiddling). Also, on one night I photographed the clock numbers on the machine mysteriously fading in and fading out multiple times within about 50 seconds. Below is the video I took of this effect (an effect that I can find no one else ever reporting from a digital clock):


20. As discussed in the post here, I have more than a dozen times photographed a very spooky "rainfall selectivity" effect in which almost all raindrops falling in my backyard  seem to appear in a rectangle that is less than a tenth as large as the open area of my backyard.  

Shocking as it may seem, none of these effects are the result of any human artifice or trickery, since all of the photos on this blog are unaltered photos having no changes other than cropping (size-reduction) and minor color adjustments. The only things I ever do to my photos on this blog is to crop them to reduce their size, or sometimes use the Irfanview “Auto-adjust colors” menu option, or (very rarely) reduce the “gamma correction” (which is just a minor color adjustment). None of the photos on this site have been Photoshopped, and I have never used any version of Photoshop.

Looking at the very long photo summary posts here and here and here are some of the best ways to get a quick look at some of the most dramatic examples of the phenomena mentioned above.


striped orbs
A recurring pattern seen in striped orbs. See this post for details.

The source of these incredibly strange anomalies is a mystery to me, and I do not possess any special psychic talent that I know of that might be involved. Some of these phenomena have been produced by other photographers (such as ecto-mist, orb swarms, moving orbs and orbs that appear to have faces), as you can see by looking at the sites in this list. But some of the items on the list above may have been documented only on this blog.

paranormal photo
Another recurring pattern seen in striped orbs. See this post for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment