Wednesday, February 24, 2016

This Weirdness Was Never Repeated

Photo date: February 15, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

The photo below was taken while photographing nothing but ordinary drops of pure, clean water falling against a dark featureless background.  While photographing water drops I get various forms of weirdness that repeat over and over again: water drop orbs with faces,  what I call orb crescents, and what I call orb veils. But I also sometimes get some types of weirdness that never repeat. Below is such an example. We see three orbs that each have an identical mark on their left side: what looks rather like a claw. I have never seen a repetition of this in hundreds of other sessions of photographing water drops.

weirdness
Postscript: See here for a reappearance of this strange "claw-like" feature in an orb.

No comments:

Post a Comment