Saturday, April 18, 2015

More Yellow Orbs Above a Church Steeple

Photo date: April 17, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

When a few days I posted a photo showing a yellow orb above a church steeple, no doubt some of my readers thought to themselves: no, that's just the moon he photographed.

Below is another photo of the same steeple, taken last night. Now we see two yellow orbs above the steeple -- which I would imagine kills the "moon" hypothesis.

yellow orbs in sky
On the same night I got the photo below.  There is a reason why this cannot be the moon: we see a full orb, but the moon on this night was only a half moon (the most recent full moon in New York City being on April 4th 2015).

 There was no precipitation, fog or mist on this night, and the local air quality (as listed on airnow.gov) was "Good" with a level of 38 (anything below 50 is rated as good), meaning there was very little dust in the air.

I don't maintain that this is some heavenly sign regarding a church. My full spectrum camera captures orbs all over the night sky. I even get them at twilight, as shown below in a photo from April 6 (when the air quality was also good, and there was no precipitation).

orb in New York City

No comments:

Post a Comment